Thursday, March 7, 2013

MARCH 2013

 
W E L C O M E    S P R I N G!

March is a curious month.  With the weather of late being "in like a lion, out like a lamb", the shamrock greens of St. Patrick's Day, followed by subtle Easter pastels and vibrant spring blooms; now is the time we crave something new, fresh.  For me it's the annual "home project itch."  With the abundant spring inspiration surrounding me, I've chosen to repaint our main living area, you guessed it, GREY!
I used to think of grey as the last color standing in the "schoolyard pick" of the color wheel.  What I've realized is that it is a truly versatile neutral...from brown-grey taupe, to blue-grey slate...add sparkle and you've got silver!  In my cottage style home, grey has made my white trim pop while providing a tranquil backdrop for accent colors, and played advantage to no particular wood tone or metallic - all seem to fit together seamlessly.
In redefining this space, I wanted to add touches of black decor to my walls.  In particular, my Prestige HOME Wall Plaques were an item I wished to include.  What I've always loved about our Prestige metallics is the ability to easily alter colors.  With a quick spritz of black spray paint, no prep needed, I've transformed  this piece into the perfect accompaniment to my wall grouping!



CELEBRATING HOME'S POT O' GOLD!
Just a reminder to check out our Treasure Chest online.  Every Monday, this link is updated with great bargains.  Check back often for great on-hand gift items, or new favorites to add to your collection!

~ PASS ALONG PINS ~
If you haven't had a chance to lose yourself in Pinterest, it's a truly guilt-free pleasure!  No matter what you're looking for you'll find it there - from children's birthday ideas to fashion to inspirational quotes to delectable recipes...you get it, right?! :-) Here are a few timely ones to pass along...links are included to repin to your boards.  Enjoy!

Easter Smores

Quotes Worth Loving
Easter Decor

Don't forget to mark your calendars...Spring Fling Open House; March 9th 
from 10:00 - 2:00!  Details arriving in your mailbox soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment