Wednesday, October 9, 2013

FALL 2013

 It's officially my favorite time of year - school is back in session, nature's sights and sounds signal the graceful transition of seasons, the smells of cinnamon and comfort cooking beckon us closer to home, thoughts of holiday celebrations grow in anticipation...what's not to love about FALL?!  For those of us fall fanatics, a word I've heard in particular this year is "nesting".  When I thought about it, I guess that sense of gathering with family and friends is what makes these moments and occasions so treasured.  I hope that you, too, are able to create new memories as well as revel in beloved traditions this season!

With that spirit in mind, I'd like to share a few highlights from our Fall/Winter catalog!  First of all, it seems that the advent of back-to-school, in addition to the plethora of activities that accompany it, ORGANIZATION is a high priority on my list.  I love the addition of numerous totes, bags, and storage containers we've added this season.  Personalization remains available and has expanded in a variety of color and font options.  Get creative with the thermal line of coolers and totes for tailgating or picnicking in Autumn's splendor!
 
Speaking of personalization, what a wonderful expression of thoughtfulness in gift-giving!  If you're looking for a unique idea, try customizing one of our beautiful bamboo CUTTING BOARDS or PIZZA PADDLES.  I've been using mine for about a year, and the long-lasting bamboo still looks new!  Photo, wood, and etched tile PLAQUES are also a popular choice for conveying heartfelt sentiments.

Throughout the year, fall remains the pinnacle of entertaining for so many of us.  Be it cheering a favorite team or celebrating the upcoming holidays, we love to make it festive!  As you've probably noticed, owls are the "hot" fall decor and dining theme this season - and I agree, they are cute, cute, cute!!!  I can't say enough about our HOOTIE & HAPPINESS line.  They will complement your existing stoneware and be a fun item to use through Thanksgiving!  Have no fear sports fans...we've got you covered, too!  From a football designed bean pot to OFFICIAL GAME DAY STONEWARE accessories, you're set through Super Bowl!
For me, the scents of fall are tied to my best memories of childhood and family traditions.  I will always have some version of BAKED APPLE PIE, or WARM CINNAMON PUMPKIN wafting, with HOLIDAY CINNAMON SNAPS and ICE & EVERGREEN waiting in the wings until the Christmas tree is up!  This year, I've found a few new favorites I'd like to share.  SAGE AND CINNAMON  is a more outdoorsy fall scent which is reminiscent of walks through our local Riverfront Park with hints of a distant fireplace.  SUGAR PINES is also a more earthy scent with a subtle touch of holiday evergreen.  It's amber color will be a great addition to my Thanksgiving lineup as well!

Finally, as many of you know October is not only my ANNIVERSARY of joining Celebrating Home, it is the month we finalized the adoption of our son.  For all the blessings we've received, this is also my month of giving back.  On SUNDAY, OCTOBER 27 from 1:00 - 3:00pm, I will be hosting my annual SANTA & CIDER SALE!  This year proceeds will benefit the AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY.  Be it adult or child, friend or family member, even our beloved pets, it seems that we have all been touched by some form of this disease.  This past May, the American Cancer Society marked its 100th anniversary as the nation's largest voluntary health organization.  I invite you to stop by and help me support this wonderful cause and the work they do in the prevention, early detection, and treatment of cancer.  Their motto says it all..."The Official Sponsor of Birthdays"



Images Courtesy of:  Celebrating Home, American Cancer Society, indiwall.com

No comments:

Post a Comment